A metal bellows, pre-tensioned by a mechanical or pneumatic spring, communicates with the medium of the connected system and thus reacts to pressure changes by means of its hydraulically effective cross-section. Pressure changes on the system side are converted to an appropriate volume change on the system interface. Accumulators can be used as energy storage for actuators, e.g. for rapid activation of rudders and flaps.
- compact design by the use of a "special bellows profile" and adjustment to the required volume change
- self-regulating and maintenance-free
- fine adjustment of the response pressure (for assembly or readjustment)
- no elastomer or plastic parts are used
- reliable service life (no ageing effects)
- permanently vacuum-tight, including moveable system interface